Fritto Misto Vegetale
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- Artichoke hearts
- Chunky strips of green bell peppers, broccoli & cauliflower
- 1-1/2 cups flat pale lager beer
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoos grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tesaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- In a mixing bowl, combine pale lager beer, all-purpose flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, olive oil, and egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- Beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- Now fold in 2 egg whites, whipped to stiff peaks.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter.
- Deep fry (375 F) until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve with a dipping sauce (warm marinara or pesto).