“Prosciutto di Karma” Chips and Cracklins
Courtesy of John Gutekanst, Avalanche Pizza, Athens, Ohio This is a fabulous way to finish a great wood fired pizza!
Author: Pizza Today
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Prosciutto di Parma, finely sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch, (approx. 1 cup) stemmed Lacinato kale cut into 1- to 2-inch squares
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the Prosciutto and sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the pork starts to crisp and the juices have melded with the oil.
- Immediately add the kale and stir with tongs until the kale starts to limp-up and is coated with juice and oil.
- Remove from heat and place on a foil covered sheet pan.
- Bake the kale and prosciutto cracklings at 350 F for 12 to 20 minutes or until the kale is crisp.
- Reserve in a tight fitting lexan for finishing on pizzas.