Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the ingredients together to form a soft dough. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour — a little at a time — until you can roll the dough out on the counter.
- Roll it out into a rope form and cut even pieces. You can press them with your thumb, roll them over the back of a fork with your finger or roll them over a gnocchi board that puts lines on them. Boil them in salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain them and immediately toss them in your favorite sauce and serve.
- There are virtually hundreds of sauce options. Garlic butter would be great, but if you really wanted to stick with a ricotta theme, you could mix some ricotta with marinara to make a tomato cream sauce. You can even make an untraditional Alfredo sauce by draining the gnocchi, tossing it with some melted garlic butter, a cup of ricotta, ½ cup of Parmesan and ½ cup of cream.