Roasted Onion Slices
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 4 pounds red onions, peeled and cut into ½ –inch thick rings
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, olive oil, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds, sugar, salt and pepper until the onions are well coated
- Spread the onions out evenly onto sheet pans and cover with foil.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.