Brazilian Dessert Pizza
Courtesy of Doug Ferriman, Crazy Dough’s, Boston, MA
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 12-inch pizza dough
- 4 ounces guava paste
- 3 pinches sugar
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces Brazilian Catupiry soft cheese
- With a small, round cookie cutter, take the guava paste and cut into thick circles about the size of pepperoni.
- Slice these more thinly, if necessary, to resemble pepperoni.
- Place the guava paste circles in a bowl and toss with three pinches of sugar.
- Set aside.
- Place 10 ounces of mozzarella cheese on the shell and cook about 90 percent of the way.
- Remove from the oven and, using a piping bag, add the Brazilian Catupiry soft cheese in a checkerboard pattern.
- Place the guava slices around the pizza like pepperoni and cook the pizza the last 10 percent until golden and ready to serve.