Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 up arborio or similar short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup sultana (golden) raisins
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk with the rice.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the rice is tender, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar, raisins and lemon zest.
- Book the mixture until it thickens, about 8-10 min. longer.
- Spoon the pudding into individual serving bowls or mini-souffle dishes.
- Cover tightly and chill for several hours or overnight.
- The pudding will keep for 4-5 days.
- Serve the pudding with various sauces and garnishes. For example, drizzle a strawberry or raspberry coulis over the top. Garnish with segments of orange or sliced fresh strawberries or shaved dark chocolate or finely c hopped hazelnuts. Add a bit of whipped cream or a dollop of mascarpone to the top.