Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup brewed coffee(espresso or regular)
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fit a 9-inch springform pan (or deepdish pizaz pan) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Lightly grease the foil with butter.
- Put the flour in the pan to coat the butter all over by turning and tapping the pan.
- Tap out the excess flour.
- In a large saucepan set over low heat, melt the buter.
- Add the sugar and coffee and whisk to blend.
- Add the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts; whisk to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- Whisk in the eggs slowly to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top has a thin dry crust.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Keep the torta refrigerated.
- To serve, slice into wedges. Dust a plate with cocoa powder or powdered sugar (or a combinayion of both). Plate the cake and dust the top with powdered sugar or serve with a dollop of whipped cream.