Don Giovanni’s Splendid Tiramisu
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 packages of good mascarpone,
- 17.6 ounces (Giovanni recommends cheese from Granarolo, Italy)
- 4 eggs separated into two bowls,
- one yolk, one white
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups espresso and coffee mix (80/20 mix)
- 1 cup amaretto (less quantity, less dunking if this is for children)
- 1 cup Marsala wine (less quantity, less dunking if this is for children)
- 4 packs lady fingers (approximately 96)
- Cocoa in a fine strainer to dust
- Beat the mascarpone with a spatula until creamy.
- Beat the 4 egg yolks with half a cup sugar until creamy.
- Beat the 4 egg whites with half a cup sugar until stiff. (This may take some time so be patient.)
- Mix all the cheese, yolk mix and white mix together and blend.
- Quickly dunk the ladyfingers in the espresso, then amaretto, and then Marsala.
- Place at the bottom of a 16-inch x 8-inch pan. (Note: ladyfingers can vary depending upon your source. There are very small ones in the market today that will fall apart once you dunk them. By using a squeeze bottle and already laid-out fingers, you can incorporate the same flavors as dunking them.)
- Pour a little of the mix on the ladyfingers to cover, sprinkle with cocoa and then spread another layer of soaked lady fingers on top of this layer.
- Add the mascarpone mix and cocoa.
- Continue with one or two more layers until near the top of the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to set for two hours.
- After it has set, place the following mascarpone crème filling on top.
For the mascarpone crème filling
Mascarpone Crème Filling -- Splendid Tiramisu
Author: Pizza Today
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 container (8.8 ounces) of mascarpone
- 4 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Half a cup powdered sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
- Mix all the ingredients together for a whipped appearance and taste.
- Place in a piping bag and keep cold.
- Cut the tiramisu and serve with another sprinkle of cocoa. If the tiramisu is too sloppy, place in the freezer to set, then cut it and serve.