Gatto di Ricotta (Ricotta Cheesecake)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 2 pounds whole-milk ricotta
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico Liqueur
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips (or regular chilled and ground in food processor)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray with pan coating and lightly flour a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Stir the ricotta until as smooth as possible in a large mixing bowl (do not use mixer because this incorporates too much air into the ricotta and the resulting cake will rise too much, then sink).
- Stir sugar and flour together, then mix them into the ricotta cheese.
- Add eggs, Frangelico and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 1 ¼ hours, or until light golden and slightly firm in the center.
- Chill several hours or overnight keep cake in base until just before serving.