New York-style Cheesecake
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups graham crackers, finely ground
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces unsalted butter melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon, very finely grated
- 1 pint of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 324 F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- Place the pan on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; fold it up the sides around the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients until moist.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate the crust for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese on low speed for one minute until smooth and lump free.
- Add the sugar gradually; mix until creamy (1 to 2 minutes only).
- Add the eggs one at a time; continue to mix slowly until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, lemon zest an sour cream.
- Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan; smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the pan in a hotel pan. Pour boiling water into the hotel pan until the water is about halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then loosely cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside edge.
- Unmold and transfer to a cake plate.