Panna Cotta with Summer Berries
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 4 teaspoons artisan balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water.
- Let stand for 5 min.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, warm the cream with the sugar, salt and vanilla over medium-high heat.
- Do not let boil.
- Stir in the gelatin until thoroughly dissolved.
- Take the cream off the heat and cool about 5 min.
- Put the sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Gently whisk in the warm cream a little at a time until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness. It may need another teaspoon of sugar.
- Rinse eight ⅔ cups ramekins, custard cups or coffee cups with cold water.
- Fill each one ¾ full with the cream.
- Chill a minimum of 4 hrs. Overnight is preferred.
- To serve, either unmold by packing the molds in hot towels and then turning each out onto a dessert plate, or serve in their containers.
- Add fresh fruit and drizzle each serving with ½ teaspoon artisan balsamic vinegar.