Warm Chocolate Cakes with Fresh Fruit
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 8 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Butter and flour six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat or in a microwave.
- Add the flour and the sugar to the chocolate mixture.
- Combine the eggs and egg yolks and add to the chocolate mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Put the custard cups on a baking sheet.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups. Bake for about 15 minutes. The edges should be firm and the center just a bit runny.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake.
- Invert onto a dessert plate dusted with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruit.