Traditional Pizza Crust
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- Strong bread flour (12 to 12.8 percent protein): 100 percent
- Salt: 1.75 percent
- Sugar: 2 percent
- Olive oil: 3 percent
- Instant dry yeast: 0.5 percent
- Water (70 F): 58 percent
- Add water to the mixing bowl, then add the flour and the remainder of dry ingredients.
- Mix the dough at low speed until no dry flour is seen in the bowl, then add the oil and mix one additional minute on low speed.
- Then, mix the dough at medium speed just until the dough takes on a smooth, satiny appearance.
- Immediately take the dough to the bench and divide it into desired weight pieces and form into balls.
- Oil the dough balls lightly and place them into dough boxes.
- Cross stack the dough boxes in the cooler for two hours, then down stack the dough boxes, placing a lid on the top box to prevent the dough from drying out.
- The dough will be ready to use after 12 hours in the cooler.
- Unused dough can remain in the cooler for up to 3 days.