Baked Ziti with Ricotta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ pound mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 3 cups house marinara sauce
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan, parsley, salt and eggs in a large bowl; set this mixture aside.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the salt to taste and he pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Toss the pasta with a little marinara sauce.
- Place a layer of sauced pasta in a large pan.
- Dot the pasta with small bits of the cheese mixture; spoon some tomato sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat this process two more times to make three layers of pasta, cheese and sauce.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F until the top is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let the pasta casserole rest for 5 min. before serving.