Born on the Bayou Lasagna
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, quartered & sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil for sautéing
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- White Sauce (recipe follows)
- 10 to 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, chicken and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook chicken through.
- Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sauté the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Remove from heat, then stir in cooked meat and white sauce.
- In a greased 9x13-inch pan, cover bottom with 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread with ½ of the meat mixture. Repeat layers and then cover with a layer of noodles.
- Spread remaining White Sauce over top.
- Finally, top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 325 F oven for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving or chilling.
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 cups milk
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Pinch of cayenne