Chicken Linguine with Gorgonzola Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6-8 ounces each), grilled or poached, cut into strips
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain, reserve and keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir two minutes.
- Add basil and whipping cream, then increase heat to medium-high to bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add gorgonzola, stirring and blending until cheese melts into cream.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with broccoli and tomatoes and half of the gorgonzola sauce. Toss to combine.
- Plate the pasta and add 6 to 8 strips of chicken and top with gorgonzola sauce and grated Parmesan.
- Serve at once.