Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces fusilli
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, asparagus, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 2 minutes to evaporate excess liquid.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour for 1 minute. Add milk and put back on heat.
- Stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook fusilli until al dente.
- Drain and toss and with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining basil, then toss again.
- Divide into heated bowls and serve.