Fusilli with Pesto Pantesco and Pecorino
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons caper, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound fusilli, cooked al dente, refreshed under cold water, drained
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino
- In a blender, place mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black pepper and half the olive oil.
- Process in short burst until chopped roughly.
- Process on full and drizzle in remaining olive oil; puree until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with pesto.
- Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with pecorino.
- This salad can be served warm or at room temperature.