Fusilli with Turkey Bolognese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey (breast meat only)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 quart plum tomatoes with juices, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ cup canned chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¾ pound fusilli cooked al dente
- In a 4-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and continue to cook and stir until the turkey is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the fennel seed and milk and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and chicken broth.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.