Gourmet Mac n’ Cheese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound dry rotini pasta
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups of light cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded provolone
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup smoked Gouda
- 1 small onion, diced & caramelized
- ½ cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped chives or scallions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Simply cook your rotini in salted water and then drain — but do not rinse or chill!
- Toss the stick of butter with the hot pasta in a large bowl.
- Once butter is melted, add all your cheeses.
- As they start to melt, add your cream.
- Return to a medium heat and stir until it’s all blended and you have a creamy cheese sauce.
- Toss in the cooked bacon, onion and chives.
- To enhance this dish, put it in a casserole and top it with butter panko breadcrumbs and bake at 400 F for 5 minutes or until crumbs become golden!