Homemade Egg Pasta for Ravioli
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- Carefully measure the flour and put it in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Break the eggs into the bowl.
- Run the processor until the dough balls up and cleans the sides of the work bowl.
- This will make a 1-pound ball of dough, or enough pasta, when sheeted to make 22 ravioli, each about 2 inches square.
- Once you have made your pasta sheets, spoon the filling onto one sheet of the dough in heaping teaspoonfuls about 1 inch from the edge and spacing the centers of the filling mounds about 2 inches apart.
- Moisten the dough around the mounds lightly with water.
- Drape another sheet of dough over the mounds of filling.
- Cut and seal three sides of each ravioli by pressing down on the dough with your fingers, forcing out any air through the open end of the dough.
- Press and seal the fourth side.
- Ravioli are now ready for freezing or cooking to order.