Linguine with Smoked Salmon and Peas
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ pound thinly sliced, smoked salmon cut into julienne strips
- ½ cup grated Fontina cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Soak the peas in hot water change the water one and replace with more hot water.
- Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and reserve.
- In a skillet or sauté pan large enough to hold the cooked pasta, melt the butter and combine it with the olive oil.
- Add the whipping cream to the pan.
- Add the salmon and Fontina cheese.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the sauce just comes to a boil.
- Cook for one minute more.
- Drain the water from the peas and add them to the pan.
- Cook and stir for one minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the reserved cooked pasta to the pan.
- Add the parmesan cheese.
- Stir well to combine with the sauce.
- Serve at once in individual bowls.