Pasta with Sausage, Onion Tomato and Ricotta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces raw sausage meat (hot sausage is particularly good)
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup cooked diced onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups cooked pasta such as rigatoni, penne or shells
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet and crumble the sausage into a pan.
- As soon as the sausage begins to brown and no pink remains, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and tomato sauce.
- Stir well and let come to a boil.
- Add the ricotta, salt, pepper and pasta and toss well
- Turn the pasta out onto a plate and garnish with parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately.