Penne with Chicken and Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 8 sage leaves, cut into strips
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Parmigiana-Reggiano, grated
- While pasta is cooking, brown chicken in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute, then add wine.
- Next, add cream and chicken broth.
- Stir an let cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Once chicken is cooked, add Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until cheese melts.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley.