Penne with Roasted Tomatoes
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 8 canned plum or Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¾ pound penne pasta
- Place tomatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet and roast under a preheated broiler about four inches from the heat for six minutes, or until the skin blisters and begins blackening.
- Remove from oven and pick off loosened skin with the tines of a fork and discard.
- Squash and chop the tomatoes lightly with the end of a wooden or plastic spoon and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add garlic and basil an toss tomatoes to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, Gorgonzola and Parmesan, then add mixture to the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and while still hot, add to the bowl with tomatoes and cheeses.
- Combine rapidly and thoroughly.
- Divide among four pasta bowls.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.