Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped garlic
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Red pepper flakes
- To make this simple creation (spaghetti with garlic and olive oil), you will need five ingredients in all: extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, flat-leaf parsley, red pepper flakes and spaghetti.
- Brown sliced garlic in olive oil and discard the garlic.
- Add the flat leaf parsley and the red pepper flakes to the olive oil.
- Cook the spaghetti until it is al dente.
- Toss the spaghetti with the oil and garlic sauce.
- Note: The key to this tasty pasta dish is the olive oil; it must be extra-virgin and used with abundance. For example, I use ½ cup of olive oil to 1 pound of cooked pasta. To create another fine-tasting pasta dish from this basic recipe, you simply add broccoli rabe (rapini) that have been boiled in salted water, drained and chopped. Add it to the pan with the garlic and oil.