Spaghettini with Tomatoes and Basil
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes with juices
- ¾ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound spaghettini
- In a sauté pan large enough to hold all of the pasta after it has been cooked, brown (lightly, do not burn) the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and chop them coarsely, or crush by hand, before using them.
- Simmer the sauce over medium high heat to reduce the liquid. This will take about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the tomato sauce.
- Add the fresh basil leaves.
- Toss again.
- Cook's Note: Serving grated Parmesan on the side is highly recommended.