Spicy Chicken Penne
“This is a simple, yet tasty, pasta dish that requires little labor and no expensive ingredients. Solid profit maker.” — PT Editors
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes, with juices, hand crushed
- ¾ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown the garlic in a sauté pan.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Simmer over medium-high heat to reduce the liquid.
- While liquid is reducing, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the tomato sauce.
- Add the fresh basil and pepper flakes.
- Toss again.