Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 veal scaloppini, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 8 thin prosciutto slices
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- Season the scaloppini with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of proscuitto and a sage leaf on each scaloppini.
- Fold in half, securing with a toothpick in two places by stitching along the length of the roll.
- In a medium nonstick pan, heat the butter and oil until foamy.
- Add the veal and sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat and cook 4 more minutes.
- Remove the veal and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and reduce the sauce by half.
- Remove the toothpicks from the veal and place on a warm serving platter.
- Pour the sauce over the veal and serve.