Asiago Pepper and Tomato Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- One 14-inch pizza shell
- 12 ounces shredded Asiago or Fontina cheese
- 6 large (about 1 pound) fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced crosswise ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 10-12 leaves of fresh basil
- Sprinkle half the Asiago evenly over the pizza crust.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes evenly over the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
- Arrange the strips of bell peppers evenly over the tomatoes.
- Tear the basil leaves and sprinkle them on.
- Sprinkle on the remaining Asiago.