Baby Artichoke Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 24 baby artichokes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- One (10-ounce) pre-baked thin pizza crust
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Prepare baby artichokes by rinsing under cold running water.
- Cut off top ⅓ of petals and cut off stems.
- Snap off leaves, about 3 leaves at a time, make a quarter turn and continue to snap, working around until pale yellow leaves remain at center.
- Cut artichokes in half.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and tomato paste.
- Cook and stir two minutes.
- Add baby artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat and cook 3 more minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread baby artichoke mixture evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake until cheeses are melted and lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.