Beef Pork Picadillo Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ pound ground round
- ¼ pound ground pork
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely hopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons capers rinsed
- 6 ounces all-purpose ground tomatoes or tomato puree
- 8 ounces shredded provolone
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saute pan set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, ground round and ground pork.
- Cook and stir until the meat is no longer red, about 4 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the pan.
- Add the olives, cilantro, capers and tomatoes to the saute pan.
- Cook and stir to blend and reduce any excess moisture from the tomatoes (about 3-4 minutes). (This is your prep. You can make big batches ahead and keep it on the pizza prep table.)
- To order, spread the tomato and meat mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the provolone cheese.
- Sprinkle on the oregano.