Big Easy Pizza (Cajun-Style Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 14-inch pizza shell
- 8 ounces tomato puree or all-purpose ground tomatoes
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Vidalia or yellow onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 4 ounces Premoro Bias Sliced Andouille Sausage Links, 97478, thawed or Premoro Andouille Sausage Crumbles, 97437
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, part-skim/low-moisture, shredded
- Spread tomato puree evenly over pizza shell, up to ½-inch of edge.
- Sprinkle on bell pepper, onions and thyme.
- Arrange Andouille sausage slices or crumbles evenly on pizza.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over sausage.
- Place in preheated 450 F conventional or pizza oven and bake 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.