Chicken and Bleu Cheese Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or baked 1 ½ pounds pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese, divided
- Cut cooked chicken into ¼-inch wide strips, then cut strips in half crosswise; reserve.
- Ina small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in hot sauce and vinegar.
- Cook sauce, simmering gently, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chicken to sauce; toss to coat.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine sour cream, ricotta and ¼ cup of bleu cheese.
- Beat or process until a smooth sauce forms.
- Spread sauce evenly over pizza dough to the border; arrange chicken evenly over sauce, pushing pieces into the sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining bleu cheese over pizza.