Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- Pizza dough
- 1 pound chorizo
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped jalapeños
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Remove the chorizo from casings, crumble, then place in a skillet over medium heat; cook until done.
- Remove from the skillet; drain on paper towels; discard the grease in the skillet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into the skillet over medium heat, add yellow onion, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add drained chorizo, garlic, and cumin; cook to combine flavors, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; reserve.
- Brush dough with vegetable oil, then top with a layer of each of the cheeses with the reserved chorizo mixture, then arrange the beans, chopped jalapeños and red onion over the top.
- Drizzle evenly with vegetable oil.
- Bake, then finish with cilantro.