Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 pizza shell, about 12 inches in diameter
- 1 cup canned plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces mozzarella di bufala, sliced (substitute fior de latte fresh cow's milk mozzarella)
- 18 leaves (or more, relative to size) fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Using your fingers, form an edge (cornicione) around pizza shell.
- Spread tomatoes evenly over pizza shell.
- Arrange half the basil leaves over tomatoes, and place cheese on top (try not to overlap the slices).
- Drizzle on olive oil.
- Bake until done.
- Top with the remaining basil leaves.