Feta and Bacon-wrapped Fig Pizza with Pistachio
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 19-ounce (large) proprietary dough ball
- 6 ounces aged mozzarella
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 10 dollops of fig jam
- 3 to 4 large slices of bacon
- 4 green figs, sliced in half
- 8 to 9 dollops fig-mascarpone pudding (recipe in story)
- 1½ tablespoons crushed pistachio nuts
- Place the bacon slices in a pan or skillet and place on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes to just sweat the fat off the slices.
- Remove, cool and slice in half. Wrap each slice around the halved figs and reserve for topping.
- Create a large, 14-inch round disc and top with the mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Place into a 500 to 600 F oven for 6 minutes until the crust has set, the cheese has melted and light golden brown.
- Pull the pie from the oven and place the fig jam dollops on the pie, followed by the bacon-wrapped figs.
- Place the pizza back into the oven.
- When fully cooked and golden brown, remove from the oven and dollop with the mascarpone pudding, then sprinkle with the chopped pistachio nuts.