Heirloom Tomato Pizza with Chorizo, Avocado Salsa and Cilantro
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped very fine
- 1 medium avocado, (approx. 6 ounces)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼-1/2 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 ounces grated manchego cheese
- 6 ounces of your proprietary mozzarella blend
- 3 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1 yellow and 1 red
- 2 ounces aged chorizo sausage, sliced very thin
- Cut the avocado into quarters around the seed.
- Cut the skin off and dice the avocado into ⅛ inch dice.
- Place the dices in a bowl and mix with the juice of half a lemon, half of the chopped cilantro and the diced onion. Reserve.
- Form a disc from your proprietary 19- to 20-ounce pizza dough.
- Place the Manchego then the aged mozzarella blend on the dough.
- Slice the tomatoes thin and place around the pizza in alternating colors.
- Dollop ricotta on part of each slice of tomato.
- Bake in the oven at 550 F for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- After the oven toss the pizza with half of the thin-sliced chorizo.
- Toss half the avocado salsa around the pizza, then follow up with the last chorizo slices.
- Add avocado again until done. (This is for eye appeal.)
- Sprinkle the chopped cilantro on the pizza.
- Serve immediately.