Italian Bakery Pizza
Serves one 12-by15-inch pizza (scale up in direct proportion)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- About 20 ounces of proofed dough
- 8 -10 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 11/2 cups tomato or pizza sauce
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rub a 12-by15-inch seasoned rectangular pan lightly with olive oil.
- Put the dough in the center of the pan.
- Push and spread the dough across the bottom of the pan and up the sides a bit.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle on the Romano cheese.
- Give the pizza a quick, short 5-10 minute bake in a preheated 500 F oven to set the crust.
- Pull the pizza out of the oven, and set aside.
- Then, when you’re ready to serve, put it back in for a second bake (about 10
- minutes) to get that Detroit-style crunch.
- Drizzle on the olive oil.
- Cut the pizza into squares and serve.