Italian Beef Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- ¼ pound Italian beef, shaved to medium thickness
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup sweet yellow onion, sliced into thin rings
- ½ cup prepared giardiniera
- ¼ cup sliced mixed mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chopped garlic
- Shredded provolone
- ¼ cup shredded or torn basil
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook onion until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and basil, then giardiniera.
- Cook slowly until the giardiniera softens.
- Add mushrooms, oregano, stock and beef.
- Cooking on medium heat slowly, mix until the flavors meld. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss dough.
- Add beef mixture and top with provolone. Bake at 450 F until dough is browned.
- Once removed from the oven, add fresh basil leaves.
- Cut and serve.