Lahma Bi Ajim (Middle Eastern Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 5 pounds medium ground lamb
- 2 ½ pounds onions, finely chopped
- 1 #10 can ground tomatoes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large rondo and sauté the meat and onions over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are limp and the meat is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, raisin cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Topping suggestion: Mozzarella, garlic, roasted eggplant chunks, and Lahma Bi Ajim.
- Serve garnished with cucumber/yogurt and mint salad.