Pasquale's Famous Funghi Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ pound Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ pound cultivated mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces 50/50 blend mozzarella and provolone
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms, cook and stir until the mushrooms give off their liquid and the Portobello slices are still fairly firm (about 4 minutes).
- Add the oregano.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Turn the mushrooms out onto a baking sheet or pizza pan and reserve.
- Brush the pizza shell with the 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.