Pizza Attsa Nice (Pissaladiere)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 2 large onions, julienned (about 31/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 18 (about) brine-cured olives, pitted
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme, tarragon, and chicken broth.
- Cook and stir for about 4 minutes or until the onions are soft and limp and all of the chicken broth has evaporated.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle on the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Arrange the olives on top. Sprinkle on the
- remaining olive oil.
- Note: if using anchovies, arrange them spoke-like on top.