Pizza Spanako (Greek Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 14-inch pizza shell
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves (may use 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces Premoro Gyro-Style Beef Topping, 30029, thawed
- ½ cup pitted brine-cured black olives, sliced
- ½ cup pitted brine-cured green olives, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Brush olive oil over crust, then sprinkle evenly with minced garlic.
- Layer spinach leaves over crust, leaving about 12-inch borer of rust.
- Spread red onion, gyro-style beef topping and olives evenly over spinach.
- Sprinkle on feta cheese.
- Place in preheated 450 F conventional or pizza oven and bake 12-18 min. or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- CHEF'S NOTE: To enhance bloom of Greek flavor, use Greek olives such as Atalanti (a.k.a. Royal), Kalamata, or Amfissa. An alternative would be brine-cured Greek olives from California.