Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- Portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Stuffing: Choose from cooked Italian sausage pepperoni peppers, mushrooms and olives)
- Pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan or Romano
- In this recipe the cap is the pizza crust.
- The prep is the roasting of the caps.
- Remove the stem of the mushroom and brush the mushroom clean.
- Brush both sides of the mushroom with olive oil.
- Roast the caps in the oven, cap side up, for about 8-10 min. in a 400 F oven.
- Set aside.
- Try this: Paint the inside of the mushroom cap with your pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan or Romano over the sauce.
- Put a patty of cooked Italian sausage in the cap.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sausage.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Figure one cap per person as an appetizer.