Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1-1/2 cups canned black beans, drained rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ pound fresh plum tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 6 extra-large shrimp, shelled, cleaned, cut in half lengthwise (if possible, grill or saute shrimp in olive oil ahead and set aside.)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In large bowl, combine beans, onion, cumin, garlic, tomatoes and scallions. Add olive oil & toss to combine.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over the crust up to the border.
- If possible, brill or saute the shrimp in olive oil ahead and set aside.
- Bake the pizza without the shrimp or the cilantro,
- When pizza comes out of the oven, add cooked shrimp (you will have about 12 pieces of shrimp) evenly over the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro.