Spinach and Feta Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces finely chopped red onion
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 14-inch pizza shell
- 2 ounces olives, pitted
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- Put water and spinach in a large sauté pan and cook over medium-high heat until spinach wilts. Drain excess liquid from the pan. Cook and stir spinach 2 minutes to evaporate moisture.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat for four minutes. Add salt, to taste. Let cool.
- Spread spinach mixture over pizza crust. Sprinkle olives evenly over spinach. Add the Feta cheese. Bake until crust is golden brown and ready to serve.