Spinach Pizza with Artichokes and Tomato
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 1 14-inch pizza dough
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and trimmed of thicker stems
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 14-16 thin slices fresh plum or Roma tomatoes
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 8 ounces shredded provolone
- Sauté the spinach with the olive oil, garlic, red onion and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Brush the crust with olive oil.
- Arrange the spinach and mushroom mixture evenly over the crust.
- Arrange the tomatoes over the spinach followed by the artichokes.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan and provolone.