Taylor Street Deep Dish Pie
The Windy City's favorite!
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Serves: 12" pizza
- 1 14-inch Round pizza dough
- 1 cup Grande Ricotta Tenera®, Sopraffina®, or Dolce
- 3 cups Grande 50/50 cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup Yellow onion, julienned
- 1 cup Sliced black olives(optional)
- 1 cup Chopped spinach
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh minced basil
- ½ tsp. Chili flakes
- 1½ cups Prepared pizza sauce
- ¼ cup Grated Grande Romano cheese
- Dried oregano, as needed
- Fresh minced Italian parsley
- A thick, hand-formed crust layered with fresh Grande Ricotta, chili flakes, onions, spinach, simmered pizza sauce and Grande 50/50 shredded cheese blend.
- Hearty and delicious, this is a pie that customers will pay a premium for.
- Method Fit crust into oiled 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan.
- Let rise at room temperature for 1½ to 2 hours or until dough springs back when touched.
- Spread Ricotta and half of 50/50 cheese blend evenly over crust.
- Arrange sliced vegetables, basil and chili flakes over cheese and sprinkle remaining 50/50 cheese blend over toppings.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over cheese.
- Sprinkle Romano cheese over sauce.
- Bake in a preheated pizza oven at 500°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove from pan and slice into wedges.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parsley.