The Founder's Pie
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 20 ounces pizza dough
- 6 ounces REDPACK Fully Prepared Pizza Sauce
- 1 once extra virgin olice oil
- ½ ounce pecorino Romano cheese
- 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces sweet Italian sausage, cooked
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a 16-inch pizza peel.
- Stretch dough to a size ½-inch smaller than the peel and squirt olive oil over the dough.
- Ladle pizza sauce over the oil and sprinkle Romano cheese on the sauce.
- Follow this with mozzarella.
- Next, place slices of pepperoni onto the pizza; break the cooked sausage into pieces onto the pizza.
- Place small pieces of ricotta evenly over the pizza. Bake in a wood-fired oven, directly on the brick surface, for approximately 5 minutes. turning periodically until golden brown.